Wouldn’t you want to travel more often without destroying your credit card 🙂 ?
Here are some travel tips that you might find useful:
1. Airline Tickets : plan in advance and visit discount websites to see if there are better deals.
2. Connecting flights: you might find connecting difficult, but it sure saves you a good chunk of money doing it. Consider the pros and cons: for example I decided to take a connect flight and visit 2 cities / countries in the same trip:)
3. Accommodation: you might try private room booking via Airbnb rather than hotel
4. Hotel booking: look for 40%-50% offers on booking.com or other accommodation websites;
5. Bid your own price: Applications such as PriceLine have a great system where you can name your own price on flights, hotels and car rentals
6. Don’t Give Up Looking for Deals – Even if you have your plans set, keep trying to look for deals. Reservations can often be canceled with a full refund so if you find a last minute deal that fits into your plans, take advantage of it.
7. Reward Points – Even if you aren’t a frequent traveler, sign up for those reward programs since you might qualify eventually. It’s all free anyway and if you finally get enough points, you can get always get something free.
8. Credit Card – some of the banks are in partnership with airline companies, and you might get miles&smiles for each $ spent.. at the end of the day you will still have to buy things for your daily use, thus why not to take advantage of these offers and get a free flight?
9. Talk to the Locals – Be friendly and chat with them. Sometimes, they will tell you where to eat and some may even offer you to stay over (works best in small towns).
10. Mini Tours – one day bus ticket is a great option for city breaks, and your chance to see many different places within the city